Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 1 - Procrastination pwns me

Wednesday Web Find

I've been trying to get this blog going since May.  I've kept putting it off due to some excuse or another.  I can't find a layout that I like.  I need to figure out what all of these settings are before I publish.  Yada yada.

About a month ago, Felicia Day (who is totally awesome and you should be following her on twitter) tweeted a link to this article about procrastination.  The article nails why I've had the blog for over 6 months without ever actually making a post.  In fact, if you look at the first entry in the blog you'll notice that it's post date was October 6th.  This was the result of procrastination.  I started the entry a couple of months ago and kept finding excuses to delay finishing it.  Apparently, blogger kept the original post creation date as the post date.

Anyway, read the article and think about it.  If nothing else, you'll get to watch children squirm during the marshmallow test.  It's likely still be in the process of sinking in for me, but now whenever I push something off that future me can deal with I at least now have a pang of guilt and *might* actually take action as present me

No comments:

Post a Comment